oi, give us the background on each of those photos aye brah
Oi fucken aye okay aye
1. New Years Eve party at Dru’s. I was about to go pass out when all of a sudden Jesse comes in demanding I take a photo with him. Cue Nic, Will, Siarn & Sammy to jump in too. Punx Pile!
2. That would be Frank Turner singing in my direction. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. On the barricade all set. Couldn’t be happier.
3. That is me & Elly at Josh’s 19th. It was the night before out first date if I remember right. We played darts and I drank too much and was hungover the next day. I look terrible in this photo.
4. That is me meeting Henry Rollins for the second time. I was front row for his show. Afterwards we went out back and got photos with him, he signed my copy of Black Coffee Blues. The man is a personal inspiration.
5. This was at Alana’s 18th. It was circus themed so I went as a clown. I bought a $2 make up kit that ended up being total shithouse (suprise). I ended up looking like quite a drunk, sad clown.
6. That was my fist night out on a Wednesday. I went 2 da cambooo m8. I think I had a cold that night? This is also a terrible photo of me. I had no idea what was happening.
7. This was like, the first or second week at TAFE. Me and Will had just discovered that they have $10 all you can eat chinese opposite the TAFE. So this was us chowing down. I think we had like, 10 minutes to eat and leave?
8. This is a photo of 30c and a Bus Ticket. This story is the least interesting, but I like it because of reasons. It was after something like 2 weeks of making plans with Elly but having them fall through? I was hanging out around the house when she tells me she is waiting for the bus at the uni. I knew the bus passed my house so I ran and caught it, and waited until we pulled up at the uni and surprised her. It was the first time I felt like I could really do the good boyfriend thing. So yeah. Ha! Gaaaaaaaaay!
9. That is Elly and I, making faces at a camera. I think we are in my room. I think we were watching Community. That is my 1984 shirt and that is her Melbourne shirt. I can’t think of anything else that is interesting about this photo. She is great.
10. This is me at a family friends house at Easter. I always look after the 6 year old as soon as I get there because the kid loves me. He wanted to go into the spa, so I put bubbles in to entertain him. My brother took this photo, and the kid is actually under the water when it was taken. I find it funny.
“I remembered things about her and I told her she was beautiful and bought her little presents that usually referred to a conversation we had had recently. None of this was an effort, of course, and none of it was done with any sense of calculation: I found it easy to remember things about her, because I didn’t think about anything else, and I really did think she was beautiful.”
I have built a few last year and they turned out alright. You dont see many people trying much of that stuff anymore. If you are interested in them man check out Sea Sick Steve he plays them live a lot of the time. It would be cool to record with them.
Yeah, Seasick Steve is heaps cool! I actually got the idea from the opening scene of It Might Get Loud, Jack White makes one. But yeah, I found mine had trouble staying in one key? I didn’t put a tuning peg on it so it might be difficult to record with it.
So I had a nightmare last night that involved buses and hospitals and stuff. And in part of it I remember texting Elly to see if she was okay. I got home this afternoon to find out that I actually sent those texts to her. My dreams are getting worse, ahahaha.